If you use Himalayan salt lamps at home or in the office, you may be looking for better bulbs. The main reason is the built-in bulb quality. Lamp sellers generally feature a simple bulb when they put their salt lamps on showcases. Indeed, no one expects them to put top selling salt lamps in.
They produce lamps but not bulbs. If they used the quality incandescent bulbs as a standard built-in, buyers would face more expensive products.
Seriously, it would feel too costly to get a lamp. Even more, it would be a more significant investment for the salt lamp producers. Because of the facts above, the buyer realizes the bulb quality is not enough. So, they look for better bulbs.
This is how I predicted the necessity and prepared this topic for you.
Below the reviews, I’ll also present facts and opinions about Himalayan Salt Lamps. In the end, you’ll have found many answers to many possible questions about these salt lamps.
Now that I’m done with blowing my own trumpet let’s see the best bulb options for salt lamps.
If you have a Himalayan salt lamp in your home, then with time, it may need replacement. But what kind of bulbs will you use? Finding the best bulb for salt lamp is the option if you do not need distractions.
That is why you must know how to choose the best himalayan replacement bulb for your different rock lamps.
Our review covers detailed information, including sizes, wattage, and socket shapes. We hope that with the information provided you will find the best size that fits your lamps fully.
What type of bulb does a salt lamp use?
Salt lamps need incandescent light bulbs to produce heat. Most people go for 15-watt bulbs for smaller lamps and even 15-40 watt bulbs for larger bulbs.
More so, it should be of an E12 candelabra bulb socket. They should also be thin C7 or tubular in designs that are perfect wide bulbs. Lastly, it should be from a reputable company with positive customer ratings so that you will be able to save your future budget.
What size bulb for a salt lamp?
If you use an incorrect size light bulb, it leads to dripping. It is necessary to find a light bulb with a candelabra base C7 to avoid inconveniences.
Salt Lamps, 4-10 lbs = 15 watts light bulb
Salt Lamps, 11-20 lbs = 25 Watt light bulb
Salt Lamps, 21-200 lbs = 40-60 watt light bulbs
Top Selling Salt Lamp Bulbs
Vinkoe Kitchen 25 Watt Salt Lamp Bulbs
- The set comes with 12 light bulbs that are suitable for Himalayan salt lamps.
- The bulbs are extra sturdy, which means they will provide more light than usual.
- One single bulb uses up to 25 watts of power.
- The lamps are dimmable, which makes them great for creating different ambiances as you like.
- You can easily adjust the brightness according to your needs.
- The lamps are suitable for different uses. You can use them as incandescent light bulbs or candelabra light bulbs.
- Bulb size approx 1.9×0.75inch(4.8×1.9cm)
I suggest this Himalayan salt lamp bulbs, especially if you are looking for something powerful! The bulbs are dimmable, which makes this pack a great one!
Levoit Salt Lamp Light Bulbs
- The light bulbs are suitable for most of the Himalayan salt lamps. Levoit makes them, but you can use them for different light bulbs.
- The package comes with six 15 watt light bulbs for your use.
- The E-12 socket makes them suitable for most of the standard Himalayan lamps.
- They provide lighting around 3000 hours of usage, which is pretty good.
- The bulbs are dimmable, which makes them extra cool!
- The products have a 1-year Levoit guarantee!
Levoit is a cool brand that makes excellent products. If you are looking for a high-quality Himalayan salt lamp bulb, you can buy this set!
GoodBulb Himalayan Dimmable Salt Lamp Light Bulbs
- There are two different pack options on the sales page!
- You can pick the suitable one for your needs!
- They can produce light up to 2500 hours, which is a little bit lower than average!
- The light bulbs are powered at 25 watts.
- E12 screw base makes them easy to install.
- The quality of the products is lovely!
This brand is preferred by most of the customers, which means they have to know something. It can be used as an alternative product for your Himalayan salt lamp bulb needs!
Frexmall Himalayan Salt Lamp Bulbs
- The package is a cool one because it comes with 12 light bulbs!
- The light bulbs are suitable for the E12 socket.
- Bulbs size 1.9×0.75inch(4.8×1.9cm).
- The light bulbs operate at 25 watts.
- The light bulbs are suitable for most of the Himalayan salt lamps!
- You can also use these as regular incandescent light bulbs.
- The bulbs are dimmable, which is a cool feature! You can set the brightness according to your needs!
You can use this one as an alternative to other 25W Himalayan lamp bulbs! The price is average compared to other ones who make it a great choice!
YYout 15Watt Himalayan Salt Lamp
- It should be used with an E12 socket.
- The customers are highly satisfied with the product. They have given it 4.5 stars out 5.
- Bulb Size: Approximately 2.0×0.7inch.
- Suitable with baskets and salt lamps.
- They have a dimmable design, which is excellent.
- It only uses 15 watts.
- If you are using salt bulbs, always you should keep spare salt lamps around.
Tree Jewelry Salt Lamp Bulbs
- One of the cheapest salt lamp bulbs in the market.
- It only uses 15 watts and suitable for the E12 socket base.
- It’s dimmable, which can save some energy in the long run.
- Each pack is packaged individually, which is perfect!
- If you are looking for a cheap deal for six bulbs, this one is perfect.
SouLight Salt Rock Lamp Bulb 10 Pack
- One of the best sellers of salt lamps in the market.
- The ten pack price is great.
- It also has two additional replacement bulbs for Himalayan salt lamps.
- E12 socket is suitable for candelabra bases.
- These are great because they can provide lighting up to 1000 hours with ease.
- You are going to save lots of money in the long run since they are durable.
- They are dimmable.
- You can use this one if you are looking for a price-performance product!
Skullis 12 Pack-15 Watt Salt Lamp Bulbs
- The price is almost the same as the one above, so you can pick the one you like. They are nearly the same in every aspect.
- E12 socket.
- Bulbs size appro 1.9×0.8 inch. The weight of the lamps is around 66 grams, which is close to 2 oz.
- They are dimmable, which is excellent for individual needs.
- Most of the customers reporting long-lasting bulbs.
- You can get this one if you are looking for an alternative salt lamp bulb.
TGS Gems 25 Watt Himalayan Salt Lamp
- The price is a little bit expensive than other lamps. However, customers are delighted with the product.
- Bulb size about 1.9×0.8 inches, which is suitable for most of the salt lamps.
- The power of lamps is 25 watts, which is higher than average!
- They are dimmable, which makes them great for special occasions.
- They can be used for a long time because of their material quality.
- You can use these lamps with TGS dimmer, which will make them work better.
ECOFLEX 25W Watt Long Lasting Incandescent E12 Socket Candelabra Salt Lamp Bulb
- This one has a better price rate than the one above.
- Bulb Size: 2″ x 0.75″ which is smaller than average. If you have concerns about bulb size, you should get this one.
- E12 socket is suitable for almost any salt lamp.
- These lamps are dimmable. Make sure your dimmer works with them.
- The package has 12 salt lamp bulbs, which have a reasonable price.
1. Betus Salt Lamp Cord with Dimmer Control and Base Assembly
The Betus salt lamp cord is the best to consider if you need to leave your lamp salt overnight. That is because it has a built-in dimmer that helps in controlling the brightness of the salt lamp.
More so, the 6-ft long cord will reach your power source with ease; therefore, you can place it anywhere you want. This package comes with two 150W bulbs, butterfly clip compatible, standard E12 socket, and six feet cord making it worth the purchase.
Lastly, it is very easy to install because of its butterfly clip design, which is simple to fix at your salt lamp’s hole.
- Comes with two replacement bulbs
- Very easy installation
- UL listed certification
- You get a one-year free replacement
- Salt lamp cord with dimmable switch and base
- Tends to have faulty dimmer if not double-checked
2. LEVOIT Salt Lamp Light Bulbs
The LEVOIT Salt lamp light bulbs are a six-pack designed to meet all your needs while sleeping. You can rely on it for 3000 hours of warmth and light, convenient and budget-saving. And since only salt lamps have a dimmer switch, then LEVOIT is dimmable, therefore beautiful warm lights throughout.
Its features E12 socket, 15watt bulbs, and 120 volts. More so, they are energy-saving as it is of incandescent light bulbs with 100 lumens, therefore no inconveniences while using it. Lastly, you get two years warranty and also lifetime support for this product.
- It is of six-pack light bulbs
- Bulbs don’t burn out that much
- Easy to use
- Worth the purchase
- Comes in a securely protected gift box
- Maybe extremely hot to touch
3. OHLGT E12 Halogen Salt Lamp Bulbs
The OHLGT salt lamp cord replacement is specially designed for use in the Himalayan salt lamp or any other lighting application. It is one of the best two consider because of its quality design and performance.
Its butterfly clip design makes it suitable for use in a series of hole diameter and salt lamps’ weight. This 5 ft long salt lamp comes with a dimmer switch.
Meaning you can adjust the brightness to your preferred level. You can also conclude that it is worth the purchase as this best bulb for salt lamp is comprised of 8 packs, 15-watt salt lamp bulbs, therefore, heat the salt ups without inconveniences.
- Has 5 ft cord with metal clip for easy use
- Consists of 8 packs E12 halogen salt lamps
- ETL listed
- One year warranty included
- Suitable for majority salt lamps
4. Pyramid Bulbs 15 Watt Himalayan Salt Lamps Bulbs
Considering Pyramid 6-pack bulbs can also be the best option for your Himalayan salt lamps, candlelight bulbs, and wax diffuser.
That is because it has a lifespan of over 2500 hrs, therefore the best choice for your home. You can rely on it for your salt lamps, decorations, and other applications.
More so, incandescent T7 light bulbs offer vibrant coloring, which makes it useful for Himalayan lamps.
Lastly, its quality makes it more outstanding as it includes tubular shaped bulbs, buckles coated bases to prevent corrosion and 6-replacement bulbs. All of it enhances performance and makes it perfect for use both inside and outside your home.
- Dimmable and creates warmth
- Has value for money
- Increased longevity and also brightness
- Perfect replacement bulbs
- Of great quality and enhanced performance
- May burn out with ease, therefore not durable as expected.
5. Fenrun Himalayan Salt Lamp Bulbs
Fenrun is a 12 pack set of incandescent salt lamp bulbs designed to meet your needs. This bulb fits E12 sockets, and their design is majorly for the most salt lamp, but you can also rely on it for a regular incandescent bulb, which means it multi-functions, making it convenient for home use.
More so, its dimmable feature makes it more convenient when it comes to adjusting brightness. Lastly, it is a reliable, inexpensive salt lamp bulbs set that meet all your needs without inconveniences.
- Are of perfect size and great price
- 12 pack of incandescent salt lamp bulbs
- Fits E12 sockets
- Dimmable functions
- Worth it price
- Burns out too fast
6. LiteHistory 150lm Himalayan Salt Lamp Bulb
LiteHistory light bulbs are not only known if being Amazon’s choice but also great in performance. You can rely on it for various home lighting like appliance bulbs, night light bulbs, Himalayan salt lamp bulbs, wine cooler, etc.
With this best bulb for salt lamp, you will save up to 93% of energy, which is very convenient as you will have bill reduction. More so, it is also compact, therefore compatible with most light fixtures. Lastly, the bulbs provide even warm lights making it perfect for all seasons.
- Energy-saving and eco friendly
- Compact in size
- 2-years warranty included
- Guaranteed use of up to 20000 hours
- Applied for home lighting
- Not durable as expected
7. Ecoflex 25 Watt Himalayan Salt Lamp Bulb
With eco flex lamp bulbs, you will keep your Himalayan salt lamps warm with these replacement bulbs. They are dimmable, which means you can adjust the level of brightness to your preference.
More so, these 12 pack bulbs are small and co.pact, therefore suitable for most salt lamps. Although they are best for Himalayan salt lamps, you can also use it as night lights, wall plug-ins, and candle warmers.
We select it among the top best not just because of its performance but also its value of money and durability.
- Consist of 12 pack incandescent salt lamp bulbs
- Dimmable therefore adjustable
- Suitable for most Himalayan salt lamps
- Provides the correct amount of heat
8. Emotionlite Amber LED C7 Night Light Bulbs
The Emotionlite C7 night light bulbs are among the top quality light bulbs to consider. That is because of its 2200k amber ambiance that offers you a relaxing and comfortable light while you sleep.
More so, it has a 0.7 w build-in LED chip that helps to save up to 90% of energy. With this best bulb for salt lamp, this four-pack set is reliable for up to 25,000 hours lifespan depending on how you use it, reducing re-lamp replacement frequency.
Lastly, you can rely on it for use in salt lamps, night lights, chandelier, refrigerators, Christmas strings light, and other E12 base bulb replacement.
- Provides a relaxed light glow
- Energy efficient therefore reliable
- E11 candelabra small base
- Perfect for indoor use alone
- Not compatible with dimmers, motion sensors and so on
9. GoodBulb Himalayan Dimmable Salt Lamp Light Bulbs
GoodBulb Himalayan salt lamp light bulbs ensure you get all the health benefits of the Himalayan salt. The bulbs are 35 watts, which means they very little electricity making it energy efficient all time. Also, they are durable enough to create a perfect ambiance for any occasion.
Besides that, the bulbs have a lifespan of 2,500 hours, so it doesn’t need regular replacement. With this bulb, you can light salt rock lamps, candle warmers, night lights, miniature vanity lights, chandeliers, etc. Lastly, they have an E12 screw base, which makes its installation simple.
- Quick and easy installation
- Versatile lighting use
- Energy-efficient and also durable
- Six-pack set of bulbs this worth the price
- Poor customer service
10. Betus 15 watt Dimmable E12 Incandescent Salt Lamp Bulb
Betus Salt lamp bulbs are known for its quality, so it is among the best. It is the best replacement series of an incandescent bulb to consider once your bulb burns out. Specifically designed for a salt lamp, it is a perfect size for all Himalayan salt lamps.
Besides, it is dimmable, making it perfect for indoor use as you can adjust the lamp brightness to your preference. Lastly, these six-pack Betus salt lamp bulbs are of E12 socket, therefore easy installation and use.
- Comes with one year replacement warranty
- It is dimmable
- Easy installation
- Designed for salt lamps
- May come defective
What watt bulb for salt lamp?
When it comes to wattage bulb for a salt lamp, it depends on the lamp’s size. That is;
. Small light lamps of up to10 pounds need a 15 watt light bulb
. Medium salt lamps of 11-20 pounds use 25 Watt light bulb
.large slat lamps with over 21 pounds need 40 Watt light bulb
If you live in a high humid climate, you should go for a light bulb with higher wattage
Why do my salt lamp bulbs keep blowing?
Incandescent gloves are the ones commonly used in the Himalayan salt lamp. Their design is to remain in a stationary position. If exposed to vibration or moved suddenly, they may pop. However, if the gloves keep popping daily, then it may be due to the following factors.
The globe may be loose and touching the inside lamp surface.
The lamp is moved suddenly yet it has been on for a while
The globe is not firmly screwed.
There may be large currents that draw appliances through the same circuit, and there is a momentary power spike.
Also, there may be excessive micro-vibration close by
There is no scientific proof for or against. Not only the sellers but also users claim that Himalayan Salt Lamps are good for health. They support their ideas with some other scientific facts. The thing is, none of the scientific studies made precisely for these lamps. If you liked the concept and the way they looked, you could try one.
To sum, if you are already on it, you should use them with the proper bulbs meant for Himalayan Salt Lamps.
From the review above, you should have noticed that size and wattage determine which replacement suits your Himalayan lamp best.
When you decide to go the best bulb for salt lamp like in the list above, you should also know how to replace the salt lamp bulbs.
No worries as the sets should come with detailed instructions on how to change the bulb. With that in mind, we hope that the choice you make will be the best bulb for the right lamp.